Celebrated ceramic artist Eva Zeisel (a pioneer of women in design creating MoMA’s first one-woman exhibition) designed the Spring and Summer Collections as one of her last projects before her death at the age of 105 in 2011. Zeisel took the soft sculptural lines that she developed over her life’s work in ceramics and forged them into large, illuminated vessels made with a traditional Murano handblown glass technique called incamiciato (Italian for “jacketed” or “layered”), which requires multiple layers of glass during the blowing process. This tedious handmade technique pays off brilliantly in Zeisel’s design, as Spring and Summer gives off perfectly diffused light from within its simple, graceful, and sinuous glass vessel. The Spring and Summer Collections are available as a pendant, table, or wall lamp with 2 finish options (gloss white or gloss honey).
- Available in two incamiciato hand blown glass finishes: gloss honey or gloss white
- Gorgeous chrome structure
- The Summer Collection includes a wall, suspension and table lamp
- A companion Spring Collection matches perfectly with the Summer Collection
- Handblown in small batches by a Maestro in the Veneto region of Italy
materials blown glass, metal
weight-volume 7.3 lbs - 2.5 ft³